- To foster and advance, in the interest of public health, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Science and Practice.
- To provide and disseminate to its members information concerning all aspects of pharmaceutical technology and product administration.
- To identify specific areas where there is a need for new information or the collecting together of existing information and to satisfy this need by organising meetings or by publishing monographs or articles in the European Journal of Parenteral and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- To foster and encourage a spirit of friendly co-operation among the members of the society and to promote favourable relations between its members and the medical, pharmaceutical, hospital and related health professions.
- To cultivate and maintain co-operative relations with governmental departments and agencies, medical, pharmaceutical and related health organisations, the academic community and compendial bodies and other branches of the pharmaceutical and other pertinent industries; and to originate and participate in co-operative enterprises and undertakings with them.
- To encourage the education and training of personnel in the fields of pharmaceutical technology and product administration.
- To promote high standards in the production, quality assurance and administration of pharmaceutical and other appropriate products.